Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cause It's A New Day, A New Time

It's 420, so I'ma quote Sir Bob as much as I wanna.

But seriously, big tings a gwaan: the Abstract Index is moving.

As of May 13, I will be the proud resident of Thursday night 10-midnight. I look forward to the switch. The show will no doubt be a bit different. For starters, I won't be playing reggae and dub exclusively in the last half hour - it will be spread out amongst the other sets. Beyond that, the shift will be more subtle, but can probably be best described as the difference between how you feel at 6PM while stuck in traffic/making dinner and 10PM when you're sparking up spliff number two on the couch. The new timeslot comes with the additional appeal of one Jason Palma setting the table with top class grooves.

Thursday night feels right. I hosted a Thursday night show for 4 years in the late 80s/early 90s, which turned into Vibes And Stuff, and now Higher Ground.

I think this is going to be a good night for Toronto and environs to listen to CIUT.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home